Slide trail & mountain cart routes
A wonderful adventure in itself
Slide trail & mountain cart routes on the Wildkogel
A family holiday out and about in the Wildkogel Arena on hikes together is a wonderful adventure in itself.
But with highlights on the Wildkogel, the ‘Slide Trail’ and the mountain cart routes, summer has an added fun element for all ages, providing plenty of shrieks of joy and adventure-packed thrills. For young and old alike. No-one will want to miss out on this fun.
The slide trail & mountain cart routes on the Wildkogel
It is just 500m to the valley station for the Wildkogel Bahn from the Hotel Hubertus – and then you are way up in the mountains – in the thick of adventure. Beautiful family hikes through the idyllic Alpine natural surroundings on the Wildkogel are transformed into fun-packed fast adventures with on the new ‘slide trail’, which has 10 stainless steel slides and the 4 km mountain cart routes which has plenty of twists and turns.
The Wildkogel slide trail
The new ‘slide trail’ at the intermediate station is a special highlight during a family hike, providing fast, fun-packed variety that will set children’s and adults’ hearts racing. Whoops and laughter are guaranteed here. The last station of this ‘sliding’ journey is Gasthof Stockenbaum – from where it is a leisurely 50 minute walk back to Neukirchen, or you could make use of the convenient Wanderbus service.
- 10 stainless steel slides, 22 to 53 m in length
- Minimum age: 6; minimum height: 130 cm
- Free to use with a valid cable car ticket
- Open during Wildkogelbahn operating times
- Slide mat hire available at the intermediate station for the Wildkogelbahn. Deposit € 5.00. Return mats to Gasthof Stockenbaum, Neukirchen tourist office or at the valley station in Neukirchen
- Wanderbus services included in the National Park Summer Card. Departure times are displayed in the hotel.
Fun with drive
the mountain cart routes on the Wildkogel
The new mountain cart route at the mountain station provides adventure for all ages. Once you get there take a seat in one of the all-terrain, three-wheeled carts and head to the intermediate station. Fantastic fun with special drive, providing unforgettable adventures to enjoy together. One journey here certainly won’t be your last – numerous repeat journeys will definitely follow, since no-one can get enough of this adventure.
- 4 km twisty route from 2101 to 1624 m
- 75 carts in four sizes
- Children aged between 4 and 9 are to be accompanied by an adult
- Children aged 10 and over, and 150 cm in height may use the carts by themselves when an adult is present to supervise them
- Helmets compulsory – hire fee included in the price
Nationalpark Hohe Tauern in summer
Eventful summer holidays in Salzburger Land.Learn more
Tobogganing & Winter Hikes
Adventure fun in summer in Neukirchen
Experience thrilling adventure-packed fun at its very best with all the family and send us your no-obligation enquiry right away!
Rooms & Suites
You will certainly feel at home in the rooms and suites of the Hotel Hubertus.
After an exciting day in the Salzburg mountains you will find here enough space to relax and feel good. All living rooms are lovingly furnished and fulfil your holiday wishes: bath or shower/WC, hairdryer & room safe, cable TV and radio, fantastic view from the balcony.